I. THERE IS THE HEAVEN OF THE AIR, JUST ABOVE THE EARTH.
This is the atmosphere where the birds fly (Rev. 19:17; Gen 1:20; 7:23).
II. THERE IS THE HEAVEN WHERE THE SUN, MOON, AND THE STARS ARE.
(Matt. 24:29; Luke 21:11; Isaiah 13:10).
1. Paul was caught up to this heaven (II Cor. 12:2).
2.This is where Jesus ascended to (Acts 1:11).
3. This is where Jesus mediates (I Tim. 2:5).
4. This is where He advocates the cause of Christians (I John 2:1).
5. Elijah ascended to heaven (II Kings 2:11).
6. This is where the martyrs wait (Rev. 6:9-11).
7. This is where all saints rest from their labors (Heb. 4:9,10).
8. This is where Jesus is preparing a place for His bride (John 14:1-3; Rev. 21:9-27).
III. THE FINAL HEAVEN OR ABODE OF THE BELIEVERS (REV. 21:1).
Where will it be?
1. Jesus promised the earth to the meek (Matt. 5:5).
2. Evidently, this earth is to be purged by fire (II Peter 3:10-13).
The language used seems to suggest a dissolving – melting – of this present earth and the emergence of a new earth (Rev. 21:1,10).
V. THE FINAL STATE OF THE SAVED AND THEIR ENVIRONMENT.
1. The happiness described in the new earth (Rev. 21:3,4).
2. Employment of those who inhabit the new earth – what they shall do.
a. They shall praise God (Rev. 19:1).
b. They shall perform service to God (Rev. 22:3).
c. They shall worship God (Rev. 21:22).
d. They shall obey God and do His bidding (Rev. 21:24).
e. They shall maintain God’s order among the nations (Rev. 21:26).
This is suggested in the terms used: kings, nations.
3. The Bride will be the center of the Eternal Home (John 14:2,3; Rev 21:10-27).
4. All sin will be forever banned. No sinners are ever allowed to enter (Rev. 21:27).
5. These will be real people, in a real place, doing real things, for a real God, with real happiness that will really last forever!
One response to “WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES ABOUT HEAVEN”
Very good. I like the art work.